Ferret Show Advice
*** IMPORTANT NOTICE ***
It is essential that your ferret(s) have all had their annual canine distemper vaccinations a minimum of 2 weeks prior to Ferret shows.
You will be required to bring with you the vaccination certificate &/or health check records for each ferret.
Thank you for your co-operation.
The Ferret Shows are an enjoyable way of presenting your pets to the world. It is also a wonderful way of meeting like-minded ferret-crazy owners to share their love of ferrets.
All our Ferrets Shows are informal but we always depend on our independent qualified judges to take great care and ensure that each ferret is given the best opportunity to qualify for Best in Show.
Points that the judges will be looking for:
- Good body conformity with a sleek and alert posture.
- Eyes bright and responsive.
- Nails trimmed, not too long, not too short. Preferably 10 days before showing to allow for the nail to be rounded off.
- Teeth should be free of plaque and no discolouration.
- Ears should be clean of surface wax, showing no signs of redness.
- Coat should be free of any parasites and preferably not had a very recent shampoo.
For showing purposes you need to ensure the following:
- Adequate space for your ferrets to be housed ensuring good ventilation and shade.
- Water must be available for your ferrets at all times.
- Food must be available for your ferrets at all times.
- Hand sanitizer to be used at all times.
- All judging is visible to the public.
If you have any questions or require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact Barrie on:
Telephone 01207 237458 or mobile 07935 931473